California’s Premier Legal Malpractice Firm for Plaintiffs
The firm serves legal consumers who have been financially harmed by their own lawyers and law firms throughout California. Dan Stanford has dedicated the last 30 years of his 42 year career to litigating legal malpractice cases against negligent lawyers and law firms. Ray Ryan is a seasoned trial attorney who has tried and arbitrated over 45 cases, 35 of which were jury trials. Mr. Stanford and Mr. Ryan collaborate together on every malpractice case and accept flexible payment options including contingency fee agreements. Unlike other firms that are full service and handle a large variety of cases, 95% of our time and cases are legal malpractice cases. This is what we do.
If you think you have a claim you must act immediately because these cases have complicated statute of limitations rules and you may have less time to file a claim than you think.
Dan Stanford has more than 40 years of experience and is a certified specialist in legal malpractice. He was among the first group of lawyers to earn this certification from the California State Bar. Mr. Stanford spent the first 15 years of his career in complex civil litigation, defending insurance companies and businesses, so he has been on both sides of the courtroom. He regularly gives seminars and lectures throughout the country on topics pertaining to legal malpractice, and has published numerous articles on the subjects.
Areas of Practice
- Legal Malpractice
- Professional Ethics
- Certified by the California State Bar as a legal specialist in the area of Legal Malpractice
- California, 1975
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1976
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1979
- Supreme Court of California, 1979
- University of Southern California Law School, Los Angeles, California
Law Review: Southern California Law Review, Member 1973 – 1974
- United States International University California Western Campus, San Diego
- Foreign Limited Partnerships: A Proposed Amendment to the Uniform Limited Partnership Act, 47 So. Cal.L.Rev. 1174, 1974
- Numerous Articles and Seminar Materials on Legal Malpractice and Professional Responsibilities
- Dan Stanford has given dozens of presentations and seminars throughout the country on the subject of Legal Ethics and Legal Malpractice
Honors and Awards
- Named by California Lawyers as one of the state’s leading lawyers, 2002 – Present
- Best Lawyers of America, 2003 – Present
- Super Lawyers, 2009 – Present
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Attorneys in San Diego, 2012 – Present
- Best Lawyers in America in the area of Legal Malpractice Law-Plantiffs, 2010 – Present
Ray Ryan has won multiple six and seven figure jury verdicts, arbitration awards and settlements. He has tried and arbitrated approximately 45 cases, 35 of which were jury trials. He started trying cases in 2008 and has not lost a trial since 2010. Mr. Ryan has published articles and has appeared on NBC as a legal malpractice expert consultant. The focus of his practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of legal consumers against their former lawyers. Over the years, he has obtained verdicts and settlements amounting to tens of millions of dollars.
Areas of Practice
- Legal Malpractice- Plaintiffs
- Certified Fee Dispute Arbitrator –SDCBA
- Personal Injury, Wrongful Death- Plaintiffs
- California, 2006
- The United States District Court Southern District of California, June 2006
- The Supreme Court of the State of California, June 2006
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law-12/2005, J.D.
- UCLA-2003, B.A.
- Caught in the Cross Hairs, The Tripartite Relationship- San Diego Defense Lawyers 2013
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, 2015 – Present
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego “Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award”, 2010