Legal Malpractice Firm for Plaintiffs
The firm serves legal consumers who have been financially harmed by their own lawyers and law firms throughout California. Mr. Ryan will consider flexible payment options including contingency fee agreements, flat fees, hybrid agreements and even hourly work but our clients all pay their own costs as the case goes along. Unlike other firms that may dabble in legal malpractice cases, this is our full-time focus.
Ray Ryan is a Cal Bar Certified Legal Malpractice Specialist whose practice is focused on legal malpractice and fee dispute claims. Mr. Ryan is also a seasoned and accomplished trial lawyer who has litigated cases nationally and throughout CA. Since 2008 when he began trying cases, Mr. Ryan has tried and arbitrated over 45 cases as the first chair lawyer including over 35 jury trials to verdict with an impressive win/loss record. He has also handled hundreds of cases involving millions of dollars in claims as the primary lawyer. Mr. Ryan has not lost a jury trial since 2010 and is the principal attorney who supervises and handles all litigation at the firm.
Areas of Practice
- Legal Malpractice- Plaintiffs
- Certified Fee Dispute Arbitrator –SDCBA
- California, 2006
- The United States District Court Southern District of California, June 2006
- The Supreme Court of the State of California, June 2006
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law-12/2005, J.D.
- UCLA-2003, B.A.
- Caught in the Cross Hairs, The Tripartite Relationship- San Diego Defense Lawyers 2013
- 31st Annual Central California Bankrupcy Institute – How to Avoid Malpractice 2017
- CLE 1/2019 Ethical and Practical Ways to Avoid Malpractice Claims
- CLE 1/2019 Compliant & Enforceable Fee Agreements
- CLE 1/2019 Fee Disputes -More Money More Problems
- CLE 1/2019 Highlights of the New CRPC
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, 2015 – Present
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego “Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award”, 2010, 2017
- Mr. Ryan regards many “honors” or awards other lawyers claim as vanity press and only lists legitimate recognitions
- Gifts from Clients – L.A. Daily Journal 4/27/2017
- Safekeeping Funds – L.A. Daily Journal 4/19/2017
- Lawyers as Witnesses – L.A. Daily Journal